Nikon to Release a New Digital SLRToday, Nikon began a series of teasers in preparation for annoucing a new camera 20 days from now. Very little can be inferred from the teaser issued today, other than the promise of a more compact 10.2 megapixel SLR with more power, control, excitement, and versatility (than what, I wonder?).
Here's what little can be inferred from today's teaser:
- The camera appears to have two control wheels, one in the front and one in the rear. Nikon's 1 control wheel cameras are always in the rear, so the rear control wheel can be inferred.
- The controls appear to be more D200-like than D70 like, if the location of the "format" button is any clue.
- It look like there's a pop-up flash, given the line on the pentaprism.
- The pentaprism does not look like any current Nikon digital SLR, and in fact, it reminds me of the original Fujifilm S1pro which was based on the Nikon N60.
- The signature "red rubber" in the grip is like the D50, D70 and D200.
- It'll be 10.2 megapixels.
Undoubtedly, more details will be forthcoming over the next 20 days. Here's the link to the teaser: http://nikonimaging.com/global/